Thursday, July 7, 2011

A new leaf

After we finished exams and my near meltdown was over, my classmate took us on an outing to Akosombo Dam.  The Dam itself merges the Black Volta and the White Volta Rivers to create the largest man made lake in the world.  We took a boat ride down the river and took in all the sites.  There were fishing boats (canoes of sorts) and children bathing and swimming along the banks.  The whole place was quite beautiful.  After we got off the boat, we ate a delicious lunch on a dock and just sat and enjoyed each others company.  Next our friend brought us to a hotel right on the dam where they had a live band and we danced and had a few drinks.  The dam was huge!!  It rivaled Hoover.  Sometimes Ghana surprises you with the things she shows you.  It was from this day on that my love for Ghana was renewed and I've been having an amazing time ever since!  I think my classmate, and now good friend, really was my saving grace and I am so thankful for that and happy I decided to stay.
...Pictures to come later today... I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment